Shower Pump Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for the length of this, but I am looking for some advice here, although I don't hold out much hope. I had a Stuart Turner 2.5 bar shower pump installed in a ground floor extension bathroom just over 5 years ago. The pump has packed up (motor burned out). To be fair, ST would have honoured the 5 year warranty but the installation conditions were nowhere near their specification requirements in that:
- the pump was not fed directly off a Suffolk (?) flange on the hot water tank;
- the pump was more than 4m from the tank (it was sited downstairs in the extension)
- the pump was plumbed in 15mm not 22mm pipe.

(A word of explanation about this: the extension bathroom was originally plumbed without the pump but I asked Plumber A to make provision for installing a pump in future - separate feed to the shower, power socket etc. 5 years later I asked Plumber B to install the pump using the provisions previously left. Somewhere between Plumbers A and B, I was somewhat led up the garden path.)

Re-plumbing to meet ST's requirements would cause major upheaval. Shower pressure at a ground floor shower fed from the tank on the 1st floor (and cold tank in the roof) is not bad so the likely solution is simply to abandon the pump. But can the combined expertise of this forum suggest any solution that could utilise a replacement) pump (possibly of a different sort?) and minimise the new plumbing?

Thoughts gratefully received!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back