Shower Thermostatic Mixing Valves

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
We often see where these cause problems with combi boilers when they fail due to check valve (if installed) failure or thermostat failure where cross over from cold to hot may occur.
If they are installed with check valves and the hot check valve fails or gets some crap under its seat then the thermostat must also have failed or again have something stopping it from closing off the hot port??.

I havn't got a thermostatic shower so in a correctly working thermostatic shower if the temperature control is turned to fully cold does the
combi boiler stay off??.

Below is a sectioned thermostatic valve which doesn't look quite right to me as there is no clearance(s) between either the cold inlet at the top of the shuttle and the hot inlet at the bottom of the shuttle.
Also a photo of a TMV shuttle (plastic piston) that i found lying around somewhere.

1719824245524.png

Attachments

• TMV Shuttle Valve.jpg
    TMV Shuttle Valve.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back