Shower trap help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower trap keeps getting blocked. A plunger gets it going but I can’t help feeling that I need to get in there and really clean it out, or use something down the pipe to bring out whatever is down there.

Am I safe removing these screws to gain better access? Or can someone identify the trap so I can find a diagram?

IMG_0614.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Clean, clean and clean again.

No - wouldn't remove the screws unless you can get under the tray, the trap section below may drop down and you may not be able to get a hold of it again.

Once you get the trap running then use a mix of vinegar, backing soda and boiling water to clear the soap scum/hair etc that will have gathered in the trap/waste run over time. Keep doing that and plunging till it runs clear,. then do that once a month to keep it clear.

I can't get under the tray - that's why I was worried about removing the screws.
I tried to get a drain unblocker round it, but it can't get it through which is why I wondered about identifying it and understanding the layout as I don't want to damage it.

We can get it to run with a plunger, but it blocks quite quickly afterwards which is why I wanted to try and manually clear it rather than hoping for a chemical fix - but it feels like we'll just have to keep running stuff down there as you say :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back