Shower tray waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The waste hole for my shower tray is located in the middle, but the existing waste pipe is not aligned with it. Should I route the waste pipe under the floor to match the position of the waste hole, or is it possible to reroute it above the floor, given that the tray will be installed on a wooden base?

Attachments

• IMG_8656.jpeg
    IMG_8656.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
If you have room to do above then that’s fine, careful measurements should ensure it’s easier to make final connection.

If it's going onto a plinth then just size the plinth height to take the shower waste - 68mm baton and an 18mm ply/OSB3 top would do it - if that isn't too high a plinth.

Could I route the hot and cold pipes within the frame directly to the wall? Rather than going under the floor?

Sponsored Links
Could I route the hot and cold pipes within the frame directly to the wall? Rather than going under the floor?
As suggested - you could.

Only thing I would say about that is, the floor and wall couldn't be tanked properly to ensure it was water proofed, if you were looking to do that.

As suggested - you could.

Only thing I would say about that is, the floor and wall couldn't be tanked properly to ensure it was water proofed, if you were looking to do that.
True - I’m trying to avoid cutting into the chipboard as it’s a headache to get secure again.

as it’s a headache to get secure again.
Ideally you cut it on the joists, centre to centre so it can be edged screwed back down. If not then just underpin it, If P5 needs fixed between the T&G sections then just use a strip of wood, at least 25mm thick and at least 50mm longer than the hole you cut either side, fit it under the hole and then screw it up either end, fit in the cut section and then screw that to the baton. If it's over large then use 2 batons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back