Shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to refit my shower tray due to movement and leaks.

I have a new marine ply base with cement (wedi) board on top. I intend to use rapid set flexi tile adhesive to sit the shower tray on.

My question is; should I seal the cement board with an SBR primer or is that step not necessary?

Sponsored Links
Have you watched the skillbuilder YouTube videos on shower trays?

Sponsored Links
My question is; should I seal the cement board with an SBR primer or is that step not necessary?
Not sure how well SBR does on wood as I believe it's primarily designed for mortars/renders etc?

Personally I would prime and tank (polymer liquid or cementitious based) the base and walls 1st.

Not sure how well SBR does on wood as I believe it's primarily designed for mortars/renders etc?

Personally I would prime and tank (polymer liquid or cementitious based) the base and walls 1st.
It's the backer board I would be priming with SBR rather than the ply.

Should I wait for SBR to dry completely or should it should it be tacky when I use the tile adhesive? I've looked at SBR manufacturers instructions but can't get a definitive answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back