Shower Water Mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm a bit new to this!

I've got a shower running off the central hot and cold water systems. My problem is that it is very difficult to control the flow of cold water in the mix (the hot water is always full on, as altering this has no effect). It is either too hot or too cold, and I can spend several frustrating minutes trying to get the balance right.

Is there an easy solution to this? I was thinking that I really need to restrict the flow of cold water somehow (without effecting all the other taps), or should I be looking to increase the hot water?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sound like your cold feed is coming from the cold mains feed which will have a higher pressure than your hot water.Hot & Cold feed for shower should come from your cold water storage tank for equal pressure , if you don't want to altered the pipe work then you can fit a pressure reducing valve.See this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back