Siemens RWB2E Two Channel Programmer

YMF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this programmer for a few years. I had turned off the power (at the fuse box) to my flat for a few days. I then turned the power back on. All lights and appliances work.

However when I switch the Siements timer to heating or hot water, the RCD fuse box is tripped within 2 seconds. The boiler never fired. I reset the RCD and repeated the process of turning on the hot water or heating using the Siemens programmer and each time the RCD fuse it tripped.

It feels like a boiler issue?

Help!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why did you need to turn the power off "for a few days"? Was there some work being done in the premises? If so then I would look there.

The problem would appear to be with the boiler or associated devices or wiring. So not just the boiler, but also any valves, pumps, thermoststs, etc.

I am lucky, I can measure Diffrence line neutral 8 Feb 24.jpg in the main RCD tripping is not one thing, but a combination, and turning off the power may have allowed some thing to cool, and in doing so it has sucked in moisture. But since most MCB's don't turn the neutral off, to find what is the problem without tools is not easy.

So really no option but get some one with the tools, Loop impedance tester.jpgto test and find out what has gone wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back