Silhouette 100t bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Am a complete novice when it comes to this, I have had to replace a vectaire bathroom fan that stopped working and have fitted the silhouette 100t.

However the issue is that when the light switch is off the fan is still constantly on.

It's clearly my bad wiring, however when I took the old fan off the wall I thought I had noted the wiring correctly - maybe not!

The wiring available from the wall was black, red, brown and an unsheathed wire (which wasn't connected to anything.

I have connected the new fan red to red black to blue and the brown in L1???

Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Brown is actually in S3 not L1 as stated - there you go proof that am pretty useless!

Thanks

It stays on all the time or it overruns for a period up to 25 mins?
The first thing you need to do is identify what the conductors actually are.
And we cannot read the installers mind.
It is very likely that the blue/black combination is neutral
and probably the red is switch live and brown L but they may need swapping.
If you look at the ceiling rose light fitting it may offer you clues as would a fan isolator.

Hi

It actually stays on on the time, and yet another apology it appear to be a basic 100 model not the t version.

The ceiling lights are all small spot lights, not sure if that helps me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So does this model have an overrun facility, there are number of differing types of the 100 series.
Do you have an approved means of testing for voltage?

No it doesn't have an overrun facility and I don't have a means of voltage testing, sorry!

Not very helpful I know.

If it has no overrun one of the live line does not require to be connected.
I would place red into switch live and terminate the brown into a terminal connector.
The bare conductor should also be sleeved green/yellow and also terminated in to a connector and left safely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back