Silicone or cement to lay shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m laying down a 1200 x 760 stone resin on a floor that isn’t level.

Manufacture instructions recommend a cement mix or silicone.

Silicone seems like the simpler option but can this be used to level a shower tray? Or would a sand cement mix be better for this?

Sponsored Links
What type of floor is it? If concrete I would self level first. If not then I level it out with board and packers.

Makes it so much easier to DIY lay and level the tray out properly, if the floor is level to start with.

What type of floor is it? If concrete I would self level first. If not then I level it out with board and packers.

Makes it so much easier to DIY lay and level the tray out properly, if the floor is level to start with.
Marine plywood

Sponsored Links
If it's going on marine plywood then I'd level that out first, then it'll be dead easy and then a silicone adhesive can be used to bed it on, with silicone sealant around the wall contact edges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back