Sink and a half waste kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all
Please can you advise me what kit I need as I've purchased a sink and a half waste kit but as you can see I'm missing a piece.

Cheers in advance
20170919_205511.jpg
20170919_205511.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks but if I reverse the u bend wouldn't be in the correct place

Was the outlet already there, and you just connected the waste up to reach it. If the setup reversed, then you'd need to drill the wast out higher, but you'd have all the parts, and none would be missing.

Sponsored Links
you have the waste assembly the wrong way around.the trap should be on the right hand side .this will take the whole thing higher ,and the trap further away from the waste pipe that goes out the back of the cabinet.you then need to make up pipework to join the trap to the outgoing waste pipe . a flexible waste pipe may be useful for this.

The assembly has always been this way as I have previously had the same kit installed however the Mrs had a go at fixing it and ended up cutting a piece short so I bought another kit..it looks like I need a 32mm tube with a thread on each end..
I have noticed on the pictures of the sink kits online that the bowls or opposite yo how mine is installed

Just as I suspected, you've got the kit, and are trying to fit it the the existing setup. Kits are designed to start from scrath, not always for retrofitting, bascially because the waste will end up in the wrong position. Best to take the photo to a local plumer merchant, and they'll fix you up with the necessary bits. Bowls can be fitted either way, so it's not an issue.

depending on the length you need to make up on the right hand waste , a 40mm trap extension may do the job Marley do one called " trap inlet height adjuster " and the useable length is 100mm. B & Q stock them.

Waste pipe been like that since we had kitchen done 10 years ago ha..
The kitchen fitter did some awful arrangement which I posted here years ago I then bought a sink kit that fitted ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back