Sky +

O

oompah

Just a general query about the above,used tobe with sky, to tempt me back they are offering free sky + and free installation the question is after the twelve months run out and i then cancel sky again can i then use the + box to record digital tv? or do you have to remain a customer to use the + box?

Sponsored Links
To use the Sky+ facilities, you have to be a Sky customer and pay the additional £10/month (£0 if you have a premium package, like Sports or Movies). But you could still use it as a normal digibox, if you weren't a customer to watch the FTA rubbish on there.

To use the Sky+ facilities, you have to be a Sky customer and pay the additional £10/month (£0 if you have a premium package, like Sports or Movies). But you could still use it as a normal digibox, if you weren't a customer to watch the FTA rubbish on there.
I thought this would be the case,thanks for answering.

I no longer pay the £10 fee and have no premium packages to enable the use of Sky+.

I think you still have to pay the the premium if you have a Hi-def boxe.

Sponsored Links
There is no longer a premium to use sky+

Personally I wouldn't be without it, I find it excellent for being able to watch what I want when I want.

try the skyuser.co..uk forums to find out whats currently happening with sky & for the best offers.

Have they not offered you free broadband install too?

the broadband speeds are quite good & there is no download limit on the MAX package.

sky broadband connect is only available down here,so no advantage to change broadband package.The offer is free sky+,free standard installation £50 M&S vouchers choosing one of the six mixes.reading again its a refurb box.Reading the small print again i can answer my question regarding the use of the + box i would have to pay £10 a month if i were no longer a sky customer.

There is no longer a premium to use sky+
Not so: that's only if you have other things with them -

Sky+: Sky+ box £150 with Sky TV or £75 when you spend an extra £10 on Sky Talk, Sky Broadband and/or Sky Multiroom. You will be charged an extra £75 if you cancel your order for these extra services before activation. Otherwise £199. Only compatible with digital satellite. Sky+ can store an average of 40 hours of programmes. Sky+ subscription required to use Personal Video Recorder features (free for Sky TV customers, otherwise £10 a month). Sky selects your equipment.

Oh, have I just misread that?! The @#!%ers are still charging me £10/month!

Sky are not very good at passing information like this to existing customers.

I too paid for a premium package to get the benefits of Sky+ for months, unaware it had been dropped. :evil:

Shytalkz, your misreading that.

Sky+ is free, there is no charge to use the features of the sky+ box for sky TV subscribers.

This includes the lowst packages, NOT just the movies/sport packages.

AFAIK there is no other reason to have the sky+ box but to watch sky tv and in which case you would be a sky tv subsciber & enttiled to free use of the sky+ box.

Of course you often pay for the box, unless your a new subscriber & then they may give it away.

If you are no longer a sky subscriber then the sky+ box will revert to a freesat box enabling you to receive the free channels. The PVR features will no longer work.

Personally I would not touch an Amstrad box with a bargepole, as for the refurb it my be posible at a later date to get it replaced under warranty with a new one (AFAIK many engineers prefer to only swap out with a new one to save having to go back again).

I got my pace V3 box replaced a month+ ago just before the warranty ran out because it went doodah on me. the engineer left a brand new one :D

If the OP has not already got a friend on sky & has not already quoted the introduce a friend code, please PM me :D I generally find the introduce a friend offer is a load of codswallop as they weedle out of it.

the fee was dropped last year, check your bills & ask for a refund.

Thats where the £50 worth of M&S vouchers come in.
You have to have a friend reccomend you and then you each get them.

AFAIK no friend, no vouchers.

I'll be your friend :D

excellent, just make sure that you confirm it when getting it done.
May be best to record the conversation too :D

Sponsored Links
Back