Slightly daft question, but asking anyway....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
....As I don't want to flood the mother in law's flat :D

I'm replacing the bathroom sink taps for her in a few weeks and need to double check something... (She's got a combi boiler and I've only ever done plumbing work on tanked hot water systems - hence the daft question). I assume that I only need to isolate the cold water at the rising main? There aren't any other bits I need to close before I cut the pipes? Then just have a bucket handy for the moment after the pipe gets cut :)

/daft question

If I get it wrong I'll never hear the end of it :evil:

Sponsored Links
Turn off the mains stopcock and then see if water stops flowing from ALL taps.

Do that a week before you want to do the work in case the stopcock is jammed or leaks.

Tony

In short - Just turn the stopcock off and open the taps - Nowt more technical than that (Unless you break the stopcock that is ;) )

When you cut the pipe; use a pipeslice and put a ball-o-fix valve on the end of it - You can then have the ball-o-fix turned off and re-instate the water supply allowing you to muck around with the tap fitment with a cup of brew in one hand :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back