Slow drainage of bath.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Had a new bathroom fitted, however the bath is slow draining it can take 20 minutes to drain after a shower. I removed any hair in the plug hole but no differences. I cannot seem to get hold of the bathroom people so I removed the bath panel and saw this pipe arrangment the flexi pipe is coming of a 90d that is higher than the the actual waste exit from the bottom of the bath.
This doesn't look right to me, surely it should be going downwards?
Thanks.

[/code]

Sponsored Links
[/code]

Sorry I have attached 2 more photos .
1. Is from under the bath looking at the waste, hopefully you can make out the bottom of the bath with the grey plug hole pipe connected to the white pipe which then has a 90d going upwards to a flei-pipe.

I can take more is needed.

Look ok ish to me but I would never use flexible waste pipes. Did it work ok when it was new? Have you undone the access cap on the end of the trap to check for blockage? How long is the waste pipe from the trap to the main soli pipe and does it have a sufficient gradient?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back