Small Downstairs Loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

The missus is on at me to fit a downstairs loo, I inadvertantly said in passing that I was sure i could fit a lav under the stairs and now she wants me to prove it !!

Unfortunately there isn't alot of room, the space is about 90cmx75cm !!

The logistics of fitting it hopefully won't be too hard. i have already run water into it, there is already power and light/window. The main waste pipe from upstairs runs right outside. The door opens onto the hallway and not a living or eating area.

Is there some building regs stuff I should be aware of also do I need planning permission ???

Has anyone had experience of shoehorning in a toilet into a small space. I have been looking at corner toilets but any suggestions would be welcome!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The only Building Reg I can think of at present is G3 which insists on hand washing facilities (with hot water) in the same room or an adjacent one, and it sounds like you don't have much room!

As for the pan, Ideal Std do the "space" range which includes a corner version. I have only seen it in catalogues, but it may be an option for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back