Soil pipe annealing and sealing of a iron barrel pipe to Plastic pipe on toilet basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all on not DIY forums I moved into a flat in W,yorks in June and noticed I were getting slugs in my flat bathroom and W.C. and for weeks I wondered how the slugs were getting inside the bathroom just over a week a so ago.
I noticed a gap in my internal sewer pipe where the iron barrel stack pipe has the narrower plastic pipe plumbed in and just been filled in with cement as the pipes are different circumfrances the iron barrel 4 inch been imperial and the later plastic pipe 85mm metric size. The cement ont the pipe has eroded away and the iron pipe quite corroded and thus left a quarter inch gap between the 2 pipes were they are joined could anyone help on how to reseal the gap on the pipe joint?

Sponsored Links
Can you add a picture
Yes here is one of where the hole is on the joint of the pipe on my basin if you need a left hand shot of the pipe Wayners: can do that also

Attachments

• 20241004_213242.jpg
    20241004_213242.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 10
That's really needs replacing with plastic soil pipe insert.
Depends on pipe condition but I suspect it all needs replacing with plastic.

What is your plan. Temporary fix or look to replace?

Sponsored Links
OP,
The quickest, simplest & cheapest method of dealing with what you have is to remove the WC up & away from the soil pipe. Examine the flooring where the pan was for water damage.
Remove the pan connector from the spigot, and then thoroughly clean around the soil pipe opening.
The CI soil pipe might be cracked or perished so take well lighted pics from each side of the clean soil pipe?
Are you on the ground floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back