Solar Light for Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought a solar light for inside my shed. It has a detachable solar panel with a ~3m cable. The shed is just shiplap clad, what's the best way to run the cable for the solar panel outside? i.e. what cable glands for sealing the hole for the cable would people recommend to use to stop water getting in? The cable is around 15mm diameter at it's widest point (the male end for connecting the solar panel is a laptop charger style connector). Cable itself is probably only around 5-6mm dia.

I've seen these things on Screwfix, has anyone got any pics on how to use them (i know it'll be simple enough, i'm just curious)
: https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-semi-blind-fire-retardant-grommets-13-pcs/9638p

Thanks in advance, Jordan

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Run your cable from the roof, down a couple of inches and then up and in to the shed. That creates a drip loop so water won’t run in. No glands needed.
Like this.

Attachments

• IMG_4798.jpeg
    IMG_4798.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 23
If its prefabricated is there any space above the wall
1726951835604.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back