Sorry another ring doorbell question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have decided that I would like to swap out my old "Ding Dong" bell for probably a wired ring doorbell 1080p one and looking for advice. It looks like I have a transformer in my friedland box near the door but I also have something in my consumer unit as well. Surely I don't have 2 transformers?
1000003406.jpg

1000003353.jpg

Would I need a new din rail transformer like the ring transformer or one from Screwfix that supplies 16 to 24v or is this suitable as it is at the bottom of the range. Would like the existing bell still to sound.
Thanks for any advice. Handy with most things but very cautious with electric things
Tia

Sponsored Links
The transformer is the D780 in the consumer unit.
The other device is the chime or ringer.

Some of the Ring devices can work with 8V AC power, others not. Check the instructions for the specific one you are buying.

The transformer is the D780 in the consumer unit.
The other device is the chime or ringer.

Some of the Ring devices can work with 8V AC power, others not. Check the instructions for the specific one you are buying.
flameport
thanks will look at replacing the transformer to ensure compatibility

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back