Sparkies flying Kites? be careful of the pylons!

Sponsored Links
Bl**dy ridiculous.

Part P is coming in, so sparks will need to belong to Several organisations now to be recognised, because different clients may require different recognition body credentials, they have tightened up the JIB/CSCS ECS requirements and now they want to introduce a bloody kite mark for sparks!!

What next DNA samples and fingerprints!!

Why the fluff does no-one bother speaking to the bl**dy guys doing the job and establishing one all encompassing scheme, my partners and I have enough paparework to push without this nonsense.

As I read it, the kitemark will be an alternative to NICEIC, or ECA, or whatever, not an extra...

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
As I read it, the kitemark will be an alternative to NICEIC, or ECA, or whatever, not an extra...

That may be true, but with the drive toward accreditation at every level, it becomning a bl**dy minefield..we need some conformity, but having a billion ways of achieving it is simply going to confuse industry and public alike.

ban-all-sheds said:
Better that than a NICEIC monopoly...

In as much as the NICEIC is a self serving charity I 100% agree, what we really need is a legislative body that has no bias.

A body that liscenses Electricians and Electrical Engineers, does the job of the NICEIC and has the legal power to prevent the cowboys from working, whether they are an individual or a company.

I quote:

BSI Product Services’ Head of Projects, Mike Pearson, says: "This new Kitemark scheme is great news for consumers as it will help identify those electrical installation contractors who are regularly checked by an independent body. With BSI’s Kitemark so well known, the public will be reassured when they see the mark that the work carried out meets the necessary safety standards."

Independent body, like NICEIC?

This could read that any member of NICEIC will be able to display the BSI kitemark? But with more beurocratic red-tape obviously?...

All this will cost money - which will have to be passed on to the consumer.

It's mostly the expense (or fear of it) that causes Joe Bloggs to carry out his/her electrical work in the first place! IMHO

While I think of it,

quick question for the pros: do you ever get asked for credentials prior to commencing work?

yee ha! :oops:

MIld, you've hit the nail on the head.

I had a VAT audit today and also the year end account for one of the other companies to deal with..nightmare day, but when I read this bull from the BSi, I phoned them and had a go..this is *******s of the worst degree..at least talk the people at the sharp end before introducing this cr*p..

BTW..it is St Paddies day so Yes I have had a few, after the day I've had, even Jesus would be ****ed!!

Worryingly though..I'm not! Think I really need to get alife!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back