Speed of Central Heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Without trying to sound like an idiot, what speed should the CH pump be set to - high, med, or low? Or put another way what will be the difference between setting it to high rather than low?

Ours is set to medium, and other than a change in noise level (low is nice and quite, high is noisy) there seems to be little impact.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I asked a similar question not so long back - //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19210&highlight=

With not having radiator thermometers I decided to leave it on low(1).
All the radiators heat just fine on low just as they do on medium so I leave mine on low.
On a higher setting it just noisier and uses more electric 70watts rather than 40watts with no extra benefit that I can see

Pump speed depends on what resistance the pump has to overcome to circulate heated water thru the system. If you have many radiators, long runs then a higher setting should be used. If all your rads are getting ample heat at its lowest setting then it should be left as it is. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back