Steel beams strututal calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i am having a loft conversion, had the first inspection today only to be told i need steels either end and 6x2's running between them, has any body got any ideas where i can work out the thickness of rsj's needed fast?? holding up builder till this is done, i dont really want to wait for a tech and pay him hundreds if it can be done another way, i am guessing that the span will be approx 6m. i reckon 8'' is enough but i need to show the council the calculations, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'd be surprised if that was big enough, you really need to get them sized by an engineer, theres no reason to think it would be 100s unless its a complicated build, if building control have asked for calculations these aren't usually handwritten on a sheet of A4, engineers use computer software to prove their designs. As for the time issue I'd think if you look for the 'one man bands' in the yellow pages someone would come up trumps pretty quick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back