Stihl strimmer carb question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Started a new thread as thought it would be easier.

Strimmer a pain to start.
After getting it started I can use it fine no problem.
I switch it off & reload the line.
Now I go to start it again bearing in mind it’s warm & I’ve been using it for say 15 minutes.

Pull after pull after pull.
I remove air filter which is new & pretty much next pull or pull after it starts.

So removing air filter I am making the tool run weaker ?

Basically what does that tell me about the
Mixture.

Sponsored Links
Ok tomorrow I will try that.

So what do you decide why it’s hard to start & when it starts I surely should be able to start it without pull pull pull

Maybe a carb issue but my technique is to always give it full throttle, full choke, pull like hell until the engine fires once then choke off and the engine should run. Prime maybe 6 times if there is a priming bulb.
John

Sponsored Links
When the air filter is removed the air that enters the carb is more.
So the mixture in theory is weaker.

Should I set up the L screw nearest the engine to accommodate the engine to run with air filter left in place.

Never had this issue before.

Always set the carb up with a clean and dry air cleaner element in place.
Turning the L screw in will cause the engine to stall so back it out until the engine tends to stall again, then clockwise until it runs well.
Experiment is the order of the day!
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back