Strange new oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After my old oven blew up, I have ordered and just recieved a new oven (exactly the same model). The old oven had a lead coming out of the back with a plug on the end, with a plug socket on the wall behind it for connection. The new oven I have recieved doesn't appear to even have a lead coming out of the back for me to put a plug on. Is this right? I dont want to start opening up the oven casign to connect a wire if i dont need to.

Sponsored Links
There will be a removable plate on the back of your oven, behind which you will find the terminals. Trouble is, cookers have notoriously variable means of identifying and connecting to terminals. (Don't throw away the instruction manual just yet.)

If the oven is under 3kW (there should be a plate or sticker attached somewhere which tells you the power rating) then you can connect up some 1.5 sq mm, three-core, heat-proof flex and wire it into a plug and plug it in as before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back