Strange partition wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently building an extension, and as part of this I need to knock through the back of the airing cupboard to create a corridor. The existing airing cupboard is formed by partition walls in an existing bedroom.
The strange thing is these walls seem to be formed from like a corrugated cardboard sheet with plasterboard each side.
Anyone any ideas what this is? i've never seen it before, but it might be useful to use on another part to create the extension.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, not managed to find much info from googling, could you give me a bit more info on it, hows it fixed, how big a partition can you do with it, any disadvantages? I assume its thinner than a typical stud wall?

Thanks

a 45mm timber rail is fitted to the floor and one to the ceiling. the walling is slotted into these rails. a new vertical timber rail is offered up to the existing panel as a jointer before receiving the next panel.

it finishes at around 68mm + skim.

i would imagine each panel to be 8' x 4' although they may only be 3' wide.

9.5mm thickness board were used for each skin.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back