Stuck - Frozen Shootboot on Slave French Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been struggling to solve this for weeks. I hope someone can give me a nudge in the right direction!

Circa 2003 slave french door with Mila shootbolts. The top (reverse) shootbolt was heavily corroded but I managed to get it off the door, so now I need to replace it. It cannot be salvaged.

I ordered the closest current Mila shootbolt and it is too long to fit, plus I got the non-reversing one anyway. I can't cut it down due to its design.

What do I need to order to fix this? I don't mind replacing the gearbox and the toothed strip and/or even switching to a different brand but I cannot figure out what I need to buy. I don't see the face plates with the long toothed strips online, only the gearboxes on their own.

Should I get the current Mila reversing shootbolt and then cut down the brass face strip and the toothed strip with a hacksaw so the new shootbolt will fit into the mechanism?

35mm backset and 95mm PZ.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Simple thing is to get a reversing shootbolt and if it's taller then cut the excess off the main mechanism, if you've seen during your Google searches the term 'cropable' then that's what it means, you crop the mechanism to suit the height of the door and more so if your using shootbolts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back