Suggestions to prevent door warping

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Wisconsin in a condo that is south facing. This spring, I had new exterior and storm doors installed. The exterior door is steel, but has vinyl trim around the window. The storm is full view with a glass insert for winter. Due to condo rules, the exterior door is dark brown and will get full sun in the winter. As there is no way to vent the storm door, the contractor said I will need to prop it open on sunny days to keep heat from building up and warping the vinyl around the window. My question is will any of those heat blocking, sun ray blocking films prevent the heat buildup or is proping it open be my best bet? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
We’re on the other side of the pond so different weather conditions and rules, my guess is that a sun blocking film won’t make a jot of difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back