Suitable door closer which can also hold open the door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a suitable door closer which is also able to hold open the door?

Ideally, something I could just pick up at Screwfix, toolstation, B&Q etc

Door opens outwards

I). Top of door to safest part to drill to avoid glazing is 75mm

II) Top of door frame to safest part to drill to avoid glazing is 80mm

III) Door frame height is 24mm

IV). Underside of door frame (width) is 55mm

Attachments

• door.png
    door.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
What kind of door is it the photo's crap? I'm guessing what the OP wants is for the door to be in the default close option but for there to be an option that it can be kept open on occasion.

So you want something that will close the door but also keep it open, hmmmm
It's a kitchen door.

And opening the door is the only way to get ventilation in the kitchen. So need a way to key it open/fixed position

But I need the door closer, because without it, the wind swings the door violently open, causing damage.

It's a balcony door. Is there another solution?

What kind of door is it the photo's crap? I'm guessing what the OP wants is for the door to be in the default close option but for there to be an option that it can be kept open on occasion.

Wooden frame, external balcony door (heavy) with large glazing.

Height is 2.16m
Width is 0.75m

I'd want to keep it open every time i cook in the kitchen. Is there a better solution

Sponsored Links
It's a kitchen door.

And opening the door is the only way to get ventilation in the kitchen. So need a way to key it open/fixed position

But I need the door closer, because without it, the wind swings the door violently open, causing damage.

It's a balcony door. Is there another solution?

Wooden frame, external balcony door (heavy) with large glazing.

Height is 2.16m
Width is 0.75m

I'd want to keep it open every time i cook in the kitchen. Is there a better solution
Use a wedge

On my two garage and workshop doors, I have gadgets, which latch the doors open, but only if opened to their full extent, where they latch open. It fits between top of door frame, and top of door, a flat steel bar, fixed to frame, and able to rotate. The bar, run in a bracket fixed to the door. Open the door fully, and the end of the bar latches, preventing the door reclosing. To release the door, there is a pull cord, which pulls the latch away. A bit industrial looking, but very effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back