Sunbed tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a sunbed connected to a 40amp trip with 16mm cable and the timer part of the bed is on a 13amp plug with is used on the ring main.
The problem i have is everything will be fine for a few days of use then the bed will trip the rcd on the cu at random i reset the trip and it will be fine for another few days then the same will happen

can anyone help out with this ?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi (edit) anubis :oops:

How can you be sure it's the sunbed causing the tripping?

Don't know what I was thinking when I typed that...!

before we intalled the bed we never had a trip in the 5 yrs in the house nothing else has been added to the ring apart from the bed and soon as i reset the trip everything works fine for a few days

hope this helps a bit

Not really. The nature of faults is that they seem to appear from nowhere.

Anything connected through the RCD could be causing it to trip.

If you can associate the 'bed with tripping by switching it on, the RCD tripping, switching it off & the RCD resetting, then I would suspect the sunbed.

Sponsored Links
sorry forgot to mention that when the bed trips and i leave it plugged in and reset the trip it comes on straight away

Could it be condensation forming somewhere? Where do use have the sunbed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back