Sunvic Pro 1000 single channel controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a new grant vortex boiler that was installed with a simple on off switch.
I want to install a sunvic pro 1000 - can anyone tell me how to wire the sunvic backplate.
I have two power cables the incoming mains - Live neutral, earth and the cable going to the boiler is a 5 core with blue brown and black used.
1727861175966.png

I understand Live and Neutral input to the controller and that I must connect L on the back plate to pin 1 - what connections on the lead to the boiler are needed.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have a new grant vortex boiler that was installed with a simple on off switch.
and the cable going to the boiler is a 5 core with blue brown and black used.
Is the simple on off switch currently connected to the boiler cable, so that the connections on the boiler side are ready to go?
Could you post a photo of your wiring to give us an idea of how it has been connected?

Sponsored Links
Hi as attached.
Thanks
Thanks for the photo.

I'm afraid it is a little worrying - the live and neutral wires have been transposed on the output of the switch.

So if you don't mind, could I ask a few more questions....
If I understand this correctly, does a power cable come from a FCU (fused connection unit), and connect up to this 20A switch. From the switch is there another cable (with the black wire), connected to the boiler?
If not, can we have a wider picture of how the cables join up with each other?

Because of the transposed wires in the switch (and with the power safely isolated), could we have a photo of the wiring connection to the boiler, so we can double check they are correct?

Yes that's correct, a power cable come from a FCU (fused connection unit), and connects up to this 20A switch. This is the lower blue and brown wires.From the switch is there another cable (with the black wire), connected to the boiler.

Yes wires are transposed, electricians mistake, to be sorted immediately.
Is it possible to wire a Sunvic backplate for this ?

Yes wires are transposed, electricians mistake, to be sorted immediately.
Is it possible to wire a Sunvic backplate for this ?
Without seeing the wiring on the boiler side and confirming how your electrician has actually wired things up, we can not be sure of the connections to the Sunvic, or whether the wiring is safe.

However, if we assume the electrician has just made an honest mistake with the switch, you could try (with power safely isolated)...

Connect the 2 Green/Yellow wires together into the backplates earth terminal.
The 2 Blue wires go to the N terminal.
The 2 Brown wires go to the L terminal.
The single Black wire would go to terminal 3.
Then add a short link wire between L and terminal 1.

If that doesn't work....
could we have a photo of the wiring connection to the boiler, so we can double check they are correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back