switch

Sponsored Links
paul_1 said:
i got a switch which is wire like the one in last picture (link at the bottom)and going to replace it, and my mate said that i could but the blue wire in to L1 and the yellow in to L2 i say you can not do this so can you tell me who's right please.

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/lights_and_switches.htm

which picture do you mean? the pic for the 2 gang switch with 1 side being 2 way?

neither you or your mate is right... for the 3C+E in 2 way you can use any colour. there isnt a standard as such, altho most people use yellow or red for common

if your changing the switch, do the wiring like for like, even if the colours are in a diferent way to the picture

andrew2022 said:
neither you or your mate is right... for the 3C+E in 2 way you can use any colour.
Errr.... if you can use any colour, then surely that makes his mate, who said you can put blue into L1 and the yellow into L2, right.

if your changing the switch, do the wiring like for like, even if the colours are in a diferent way to the picture
But that, of course, is the important thing - the colours don't matter, it's interconnecting the switches correctly that matters, so if you change what's at one end it won't work the way it did before....

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
andrew2022 said:
neither you or your mate is right... for the 3C+E in 2 way you can use any colour.
Errr.... if you can use any colour, then surely that makes his mate, who said you can put blue into L1 and the yellow into L2, right.
well there both right!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back