Tall Hedge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very long and tall hedge. I would like to reduce it in height, by roughly half.

Let it grow back a little to the desire height which does not require me to get up a ladder.

What tools would you recommend to achieve the job?

Attachments

• IMG_6862.jpeg
    IMG_6862.jpeg
    764.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6861.jpeg
    IMG_6861.jpeg
    701.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6860.jpeg
    IMG_6860.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
If you had machinery access to either side, a flail would do that in minutes!

Doing it by hand it's going to be a slow fiddly job

loppers and a pruning saw, but reduce the faces as much as possible with a hedge trimmer first, you can get the ladder closer that way and do not have to lean in quite as much.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the suggestions. I have a decent hedge trimmer. It won’t cut the thick branches in the middle. I was thinking about using a chainsaw but want to see what other options were available.

chainsaw is the wrong tool for a multitude of springy stems, much too dangerous I think.

You can get a finger bar to attach to a chainsaw to turn it into a rough hedge cutter, the gap is only 1" though. More suited to experienced users. Granberg clip n trim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back