texecom firmware

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi is there any reason to update firmware on my texecom elite 64. its running 4.02..01. ive just replaced my smartcom after my original one was too old and couldn't connect, I've updated the new smartcom to the latest firmware via cloud. I cant see how to update the panels firmware on the cloud. Do I need to update it or should I leave it as it is. I'm just recommissioning the alarm system. I also have a question about pir, What are the best wireless pirs. I would like to add a few more. I don't have any pets.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have no issues with the alarm I would leave it, flashing the firmware could possibly cause you more headaches.

Various texecom wireless sensors, depends on the environment its going, how sensitive you want that sensor, type of detection that could prevent false alarms etc…

You need a panel with version 5 firmware to flash from the cloud (attempting on 4 can cause significant headaches even if accidental hoping they have made it impossible now to do so but it certainly wasn't in the past).

You may then need to finish it off manually with usbcom lead and elite flasher and flasher program.

also you may find that flashing the panel up causes issue with wireless devices and mapping to zones, the bigger the jump the more likely you are to have issues.

always take a wintex back up with wireless config before flashing as this can save serious time if things dont go well.

In the cloud you can panel sync which is supposed to take an imprint of the panels current setup and store it on the cloud.

Sponsored Links
As for best sensors , wireless you have the Texecom ricochet range of devices.

The version of the built in expander can determine what devices will and wont work on it reliably, on The 64W you can add another wireless expander to the system up to 4 x 8XP/W or 1 x 32xp-W, you may then need to update the panel firmware, although version 3 expanders and version 4 panels as manufactured should work with all current devices.

Note that 64-W had version modifications over the years and the LCDLP-W for example needs to have a version 3 built in expander.
You can flash the panel but not the expander and you may need a the correct hardware revision of the expander , for example to use the LCDLP-W to work as hardware modifications were made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back