The anti-semitism in the Tory Party never went away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

However, it has sparked an angry backlash, with senior Jewish figures saying the decision to target such a culturally significant time of the week – Starmer’s wife, Victoria, comes from a Jewish family – was ill-judged and deeply unfair.

“I would have thought to anybody it’s blindingly obvious that a Friday night is quite important in some religions and faiths,” Starmer told reporters during a campaign stopover in Derbyshire.

Calling the attacks “laughably pathetic”, the Labour leader said his comments in a radio interview the day before had simply been to set out how he tried to keep Friday evenings aside for his family and would if elected prime minister, adding: “But I know very well it’s going to be really difficult to do it.”

Sponsored Links
From the Guardian article..

Keir Starmer has accused the Conservatives of desperate tactics amid claims that Tory criticism of his defence of family time was insensitive and had antisemitic undertones.

Seems anything can be "antisemitic" these days.
Makes a change though, with the Tories being accused of antisemitism by Labour.

I do hope Sunak stays on as opposition leader so he can remind flip flop each time he changes his mind about what he said or worse refused to state a position on in the run up to the election this time

I do hope Sunak stays on as opposition leader so he can remind flip flop each time he changes his mind about what he said or worse refused to state a position on in the run up to the election this time

What did he flip flop on? Whether it was flopping or not?

Sponsored Links
Back