THE JOB AGENCY RIPOFF

B

B.O.B DOLE

WHY is it that when i applied for a job once at an job agency they where willing to pay me £20 per hour they told me the company who it was for so i rang them up direct not through the agency
BUT they would only offer me £10 per hour yet they are willing to pay an agency £20 per hour plus 17.5% for every £100 i earned this is there fee they charge the employer.
SO WHATS GOING ON?

Sponsored Links
You forget the other 'costs' and risk the company is taking (NI ER, sickleave, etc, etc, etc, even ending op at Tribunal if worst comes to the worst).
Agency is taken those costs and 'risk away, for a price

tell the company you will do it for 20 and hour as a free agant ie self employed making sure you have relevant insurance etc

WoodYouLike said:
You forget the other 'costs' and risk the company is taking (NI ER, sickleave, etc, etc, etc, even ending op at Tribunal if worst comes to the worst).
Agency is taken those costs and 'risk away, for a price
yes but i offered my services as a sub contractor but where not intrested
i think these contractors are trying to give the sub contractors the boot.

Sponsored Links
B.O.B DOLE said:
yes but i offered my services as a sub contractor but where not intrested

I must have missed that part of your story then ;)

B.O.B DOLE
Do you get the builders rag at the merchants ? they had a massive article about this , the major builders are **** SCARED of being sued Now ..
My pal Martin is a site Foreman for a very big builders in the North an they will not accept cards in subbies now an pay through agencies ,

where before he was King *******s on Site regarding signing off an "Finish "

now these agency lads are playing it as .."we work 8 hours we go home /f*ck the job attitude (I dont blame them to a degree )

Managers are hounding site foremans like my pal for A Top Finish ,but when he says agency gangs are on halve wages an they dont care anymore ..
they look at him as if its all HIS FAULT ,SHAMEFUL

Back