The old garage q's and SWA

Jel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right here goes just completed a new reqire for customer. But now they want the shed included in their budget it used to be a 3/4 mm 3 core on a plug, plugged in the kitchen no RCD. I have a TN-S with a split load 32RCD, 2 q's
Having read the reg I thought only pvc cables had to clear 3m in height etc, I cant find swa clearance please direct me to the reg number. Situation at moment is cable spends 50% of its journey in a iron pipe buried maybe 6" can get to that area due to plants etc. The remainder of its journey is clamped to 2 fence panels at a height of around 6foot and around 1 metre (arms length) then travels over a double gate at about 7foot then rises up the house wall and into the buiding. For the area which is pinned to the fence (no conduit-not needed SWA) what reg says not permissable)
q'2 the garage has a 63rcd isolator can you see harm in taking a 32amp feed from the house behind the house 32amp rcd?

Sponsored Links
for the SWA protection, have it on a B32. no need to RCD protect here as its bein RCD protected at other end, however, there are still people on here who think it should be RCD protected at the house side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back