The results of all my plumbing and heating questions and what I decided to do

K

kettlejim

I've asked about Copper vs Plastic with regards to plumbing and I asked whether or not to rip out all of the existing pipework and redo the central heating from scratch. I also asked what type of rads would you recommend.

Results: With a choice between Qudox and Radwell I went with all Radwells with a trade account from Grahams
For pipes I chose copper

Replace central heating system or keep existing
I decided that copper is really good quality and so we're keeping the existing boiler and the existing central heating system with the plumber replacing all new radiators and the copper pipes that are exposed connecting the rad and going down into the floor

I did have a few people say to just replace the entire central heating system but I think this is unnecessary as copper has an very long life of 100 years plus I believe

Here is a completed radiator and it's new joins - I'm really pleased that there's actual progress going on now finally

https://wtf.roflcopter.fr/pics/gallery#HdR09ZbW/pLTT5Hof.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Can't see pics, but glad your finally making progress
This is the type of radiator I've bought to replace them all in the house and the plumber is connecting them up with nice new pipework that's showing. I'm glad I decided against a complete central heating reinstallation job though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back