Tile Identification Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

Newbie here hoping someone may be able to help me identify the type/name of tiles on the roof of my recently bought house. The house was constructed in the early 60's I believe - no other houses in the area have these tiles so I'm struggling to find any information which is frustrating my search to source some spares.

I've attached some pictures, and thank you in advance for any details you are able to provide.

IMG_20230620_200255358.jpg

IMG_20230219_104700737.jpg
IMG_20230520_163438483.jpg

Sponsored Links
They look like Double Romans, a quick google search will find you some near you as they are readily available and reclamation yards will probably do a similar age and colour to match.

Thanks for your reply Daz. I suspected that might be Double Romans as well - while the style is similar, I think the "roll" on mine is wider/deeper?

I did think that but can only assume they are an early style of them. They may also be an old variety of Clay tile or the other similar tile i can think of is a variety called Bold Roll but it's not as close as the Romans.

Sponsored Links
Agree. Horrendous tile to work with.
they are not true double romans, they are not marley bold rolls or redland regents .. they look like bambino tile

Thank you both - sorry to sound completely naïve, is Bambino the brand name, or model? Also, out of curiosity why are they horrendous to work with? Thanks in advance

Thank you both - sorry to sound completely naïve, is Bambino the brand name, or model? Also, out of curiosity why are they horrendous to work with? Thanks in advance
The way you need to lay them and replacing any that break (whilst laying).

bambino are a clay tile bridgwater i think. i cant tell exactly from the image but thinking about it Redland did a version from memory ..statesman.

in which case Anchor would have a similar profile on their books.. dont ask for double romans as they are not.

Good Evening all,

I'm conscious not to exhaust your goodwill - had a couple of roofers visit in the past couple of days who were not able to assist. I went into the loft today and was able to get the attached pictures of the underside. Not a name / model / code I recognise at all - is anyone able to make out what this might be?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20230628_182209693.jpg
    IMG_20230628_182209693.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20230628_182115806.jpg
    IMG_20230628_182115806.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 55
Thanks - not much information online. I did however find a thread from this forum where a poster advised Ightham were purchased by Marley?

Do you think this is a potential avenue for tracking down an equivalent tile? The issue I have is that I have a cracked tile that's been temporarily fixed with silicone, but ideally needs replacing before we start getting heavy rain etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back