Tile slipping…

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any clips/clamps/solutions to prevent/fix this?

9A20B3E2-17C6-488D-BBF3-5324B77D4233.jpeg
3B6BCB62-3DE7-461E-9A52-D752041017E7.jpeg

Sponsored Links
As above.
google "clay tile replacement hooks and clips" to see if any will suit for repairs but two nails per tile is the schedule for undertiles?

Two clay undertiles have slipped - the one near the ridge iron may have been disturbed by the pointing/bedding work on the ridge tiles.
Typically you repair by lifting tiles in the full course above but go slow and feel how things are
before lifting any other tiles.
The eaves tile below the tile and a half might go back with a shove, and some blobs of tile repair adhesive or silicone to glue it to the tile above?

FWIW: no felt lapping over the gutter can be seen - is the roof under felted?
The guttering has been forced and distorted around the corner - a custom angle fitting should have been used.

Last edited:
They should have been nailed
The eaves hip cut probably was through just the single hole available - then subsequently broke on the weak spot. Probably.

Fortunately that particular eaves is not weathering a lot.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
FWIW: no felt lapping over the gutter can be seen - is the roof under felted?
The guttering has been forced and distorted around the corner - a custom angle fitting should have been used.

No idea about under felting, whatever that means. The house was built like this and bought like this. Windy weather has made me notice the tiles slipping.

The guttering has 45 degree angle joints and only looks out of shape because this tile has hit it/I’ve leant on it whilst pushing the tile back.

I hadn’t considered tile adhesive, but as the tile freely slides back ‘in shape’, a bit of adhesive is probably a repair job I could manage myself!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back