Tips on hinge holes kitchen doors. With pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I extended my kitchen a few years ago and only getting around to putting the kitchen cupboard doors on after the misses busting my clinkers for so long.

Now that I've made the doors, I've this small jig for the hinge holes. Looking any tips for it. Fair idea on what to do however thinking best to ask what steps to take before I go at it. I know there's better things for it but it was the misses who bought this one so might as well use it now.

IMG_20240613_193647686.jpg
IMG_20240613_194116344.jpg
IMG_20240613_194116344.jpg

Sponsored Links
Do a test run on a scrap bit of mdf first, fix the hinge to it then fit to cabinet, just make sure you have the right amount of adjustment.

600 doors which are generally 597mm have up to 23.5mm from the edge of the door to the centre point for the drill bit, but some are 21.5 the difference if you get it wrong can cause big problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back