Tolerance on Building Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am asking this on behalf of a mate.

He has just has an extension built at his house. This is on his land and does not affect the neighbours property.

He has some land at the said of his house which is wedge shaped - approximately 3m wide at the from of the house and 2.5m wide at the back of the house.

The first planning application was refused as the council did not allow 'wedge' shaped extensions.

On re submission, the extension was rectangular - 2.5m x 2.5m - and this passed planning.

Building control diagrams were done and these too show 2.5m x 2.5m.

But the builder seems to have gone slightly over at the front, the extension is 2.65m at the front and 2.5m at the back - the front is 15cm longer.
I have measure it accurately.

The questions I have are:
1. Is there an allowed tolerance on building work when working to drawings?
2. Could the extra 15cm width at the front cause me problems with the local council if it was ever reported?

Thanking you for your reply.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am asking this on behalf of a mate.

2. Could the extra 15cm width at the front cause me problems with the local council if it was ever reported?

It certainly won't cause you any problems - but your mate , not sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back