Tool storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so we've had your favourite tools, but where do you keep them?

I have a fairly small maisonette with no shed or garage, so am forced to store my tools in the loft. Except I don't think I've fully cleared them all up in a year! Luckily I've saved the carpets for last as they are totally knackered after having dusty tools plonked on them.

Now, I'm expecting we will get some photos of sickeningly large and well-equipped workshops! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i used to use recycle boxes [the heavy solid type]you used to be able to buy them for a fiver from the recycle centre you can either store them individualy under the bed or in the bottom of a cupboard
at 11"high x14"wide x22"long they will fit under most pine beds
you can also make lids to stack them [12mm mdf and two battons to locate]
or you can build a purpose made cupboard 23" deep by 16 or31" wide
all you need is a 2by1" batton each side

line the bottom of the boxes with paper if you dont want sawdust ect falling through the little drain holes :LOL: ;)

ive got a small workshop, a garage, a small shed for the landscaping tools, the loft conversion im doing, and anywhere else i can get away with with out the wife nagging me.

oh and ive just rented a small piece of farmland for all my landscaping bits and bobs........no wonder i can never bloody find anything!

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
I keep my favourite tool in my underpants!!

Well, that's your first mistake right there! They don't like being cooped up all the time

If you spray WD40 into your underpants regularly they stay nice. :D

my tools are spread all over the place but I know how to lay my hands on everyone of them until Caroline decides to have a cleanup then I'm shagged, most of them are in those green plastic Tesco box's for home delivery. no room for them in my pants :LOL:

p.s interesting to see that "shagged" got thru :eek:

some tools of mine are in a cupboard. i.e drill, trany, floodlight etc. other tools are sometimes left in my car if im first on the driver, because its at the back, otherwise there left in the passage

I keep mine in Two Site stors mounted in my van with twin locks each...

No b****r will steel them.

theyll just nick the van instead.

try one of those "no tools stored in here overnight" stickers.......and get 'em nicked during the day :LOL:

errr...sorry. but it is monday. :rolleyes:

FWL_Engineer said:
I keep mine in Two Site stors mounted in my van with twin locks each...

No b****r will steel them.

im sure thats its easier to take the van and spend a bit time later and some other location breaking the lock....

you need an alarm that screams "get back yer b******s or ill break yer legs!" at 2am when they trynna nick off with it.

Sponsored Links
Back