Trump Tourbillion watch

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would you buy a Rolex, Omega or whatever or $100,000 Chinese made trump watch?

Sponsored Links
The watch appears to be made in Switzerland in one of the factories using generic factory made parts. It is probably just as good as any other £1,000 watch that's been put in a gaudy gold case. You can buy an ounce of pure gold for about two thousand pounds. The adverts claim it has about 200g of 75% gold which might be useful for weight training of the wrist, if true, though it verges on improbability.

The pinhead diamonds are of negligible value.

As usual, his supporters are paying for the name. That's how fashion watches are priced.

The Tourbillon is for ornamental purposes. The mechanism is a BCP T02 which is sold to trade buyers for about $4700 and is used for boutique brands.

Reactions: DP
I've worn heavy watches and I find the idea of wearing an 8 ounce watch ridiculous.

Sponsored Links
The watch appears to be made in Switzerland in one of the factories using generic factory made parts. It is probably just as good as any other £1,000 watch that's been put in a gaudy gold case. You can buy an ounce of pure gold for about two thousand pounds. The adverts claim it has about 200g of 75% gold which might be useful for weight training of the wrist, if true, though it verges on improbability.

As usual, his supporters are paying for the name. That's how fashion watches are priced.

The Tourbillon is for ornamental purposes. The mechanism is a BCP T02 which is sold to trade buyers for about $4700 and is used for boutique brands.
Yep. All here and surprisingly, it’s not Facebook!

Is the watch not made in China?

Why would you spend that kind money when the goods are not guaranteed to be like shown in the picture, delivery is not guaranteed and no return policy.

If I had money to burn, quite like a Grand Seiko, would splash out on a limited edition Rolex or Omega or some such timepiece.
IMG_1136.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are invited to buy a Rolex, you can usually expect it to go up in value. Not so much my Apple Watches which seem to be waterproof for only a few months and stop working within 5 years.

Watch checking is still a common tactic among boat and sports car sales people.

Is the watch not made in China?

No, the watch in Trumps pics is marked "Swiss made" and Switzerland has laws restricting what that or "Swiss" means.

Assembled in Switzerland using mostly Swiss made parts and some other criteria

The controls also prevent Toblerone having a pic of the Matterhorn on it because it is no longer Swiss made. Mondelez (ex Kraft) makes it.

Reactions: DP
I wonder if Trump would care. Is most of his merchandise not made in China?
I heard mentioned that blue screws were Chinese hallmark

Like this

20241001_222734.jpg 20241001_222649.jpg
Different marks have had different meanings at different times.

I heard mentioned that blue screws were Chinese hallmark

Nope.

Some watch factories use coloured screws in different grades of movement, and I suppose there is nothing to stop chinese factories using whatever colour they want.

Maybe it is intended to influence the unwary.

I dug out my slimline dress watch last night to wear for a wedding this week (it’s the only one I have that will fit under a French cuff). Swiss made and blue screws visible through the exhibition case back.

IMG_2670.jpeg

John is correct about made in Switzerland and if some one comes across a knock off they will find the finish isn't so good and the movement might come as a surprise and also lack the degree of finish.

I like Mottie blue screws - the slots not being blued is interesting.

Watches that are out of production do sometimes increase in value. I have a Rolex Quartz. That probably will have. It was in the past as the supply of older automatics were getting dearer and dearer. I bought the Quartz from the far east. Minor fault and the seller coughed up. Then it turned out that it had to go to Rolex get the work done. The official repairers wouldn't touch it due to their need to offer a guarantee. Servicing is also an issue on usd automatics.

Sponsored Links
Back