trv valve off position but leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm trying to refit a radiator back into postion having removed it for plastering and painting, only problem is when I try and undo the blanking cap,water leaks out and wont stop. any ideas? thanks DSC01152.JPG

Sponsored Links
You could try a decorator cap if you have one. That replaces the trv head and is more reliable at shutting the pin down.
If not, try putting a penny between the trv head and body - sometimes works at closing pin fully.

Try opening the sensor head to max and then tighten the silver securing ring as tight as you can then close the valve sensor again

Sponsored Links
put 5p into the head and it worked!,i should have posted on here earlier, the other rads I refitted never leaked but this one was letting loads of water out I thought wth?! lol
thanks for the help.

put 5p into the head and it worked!,i should have posted on here earlier, the other rads I refitted never leaked but this one was letting loads of water out I thought wth?! lol
thanks for the help.

Feel free to send me a 'thanks' voucher ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back