trvs

O

oompah

Just reading the post about can we claim for damages and it is mentioned about fitting trvs in sleeping areas when replacing boilers, is this the case that under regs that if a new boiler is fitted you need to do this and what about a upstairs bathroom.

Sponsored Links
yes you should have the trvs fitted when swapping a boiler, even if your keeping the same rads.

I cant remember about the bathroom, think if its a towel rad you should be ok withought it, cant find my book with the chess regs in it.

someone much smarter than me will prob be along soon to confirm it tho :D

Thanks for the reply what the thinking behind this particular reg

Latest chess regs state trv's on all rads except the onr in the room where the room stat is. This what I fit to assuming that they are regs.

Other posters on here differ in this view and say their interpretation is that chess is not obligitory.

My view is that chess is obligitory as this is what forms part of the C&G energy efficiency exam and certificate.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Latest chess regs state trv's on all rads except the onr in the room where the room stat is. This what I fit to assuming that they are regs.

Other posters on here differ in this view and say their interpretation is that chess is not obligitory.

My view is that chess is obligitory as this is what forms part of the C&G energy efficiency exam and certificate.

You have to create time/temperature zones. A temperature zone can be created by installing TRVs in the sleeping rooms. A room stat has nothing to do with it.

The Building Regs are obligatory, nothing else. British Standards are "recommendations", as is all else.

But unless you pass energy efficiency exam you can't legally fit a condensing boiler and as chess is part of energy efficiency exam it must be correct by default.

You fit what you want, my customers only get systems that comply to chess best practice.

I understand that when only a boiler is changed the wording about TRVs says that they "should" be fitted.

Thats open to interpretation.

I tell ouir clients that TRVs should be fitted but if they will not pay for them I ask them to sign an indemnity to say that I advised them that the should be fitted but they chose not to.

On documents I put "to be fitted later" !!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back