Trying to match a kitchen cabinet door (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Have just found a house I want to buy but repercussion of this is I have to get my own on the market at short notice. I've a couple of things I need to do but one of main things is replacing some water damaged kitchen cupboard doors (damage caused by my wife throwing water around the whole kitchen whenever washing dishes rather than any leaks etc).

I'm struggling badly to find something even "close enough" to my existing doors. I've had a few samples sent out but can't find anything that close. I think it's maybe sort of maple and shaker but any help or advice on how to find something in the same some of range would be much appreciated
PXL_20240705_135421057.jpg

Sponsored Links
How old is it?

Is it foil-wrapped MDF?

Have a scan on ebay, where inexpensive doors are sold in fairly standard designs.

If it is solid wood panel you have less chance of matching, but you can sand off damage and refinish. Move the door to a less conspicuous position. Housebuyers will probably change the kitchen anyway. Also, offer to do all future washing up in your home.

DIY lines are sold in places like B&Q and Wickes, kitchen fitters use Magnet and Howdens. They all change their designs every couple of years.

Flat slab doors in laminate can be made to order, using standard laminate boards. You can get samples from companies like Egger.

If it is solid wood panel you have less chance of matching, but you can sand off damage and refinish.

You can see where the MDF has swollen and burst through the vinyl skin.

The three doors in the image. I guess they must be near the sink.

Sponsored Links
Yeah exactly. Directly under the sink. Think it's just cheap mdf

I think you might need to measure the outer dimensions of the door, then measure the dimensions of the rails and styles and then email some of the online suppliers.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back