Tv doesn’t tune. No channels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a Sony tv and all working ok on the apps bit. It tuned in 185 programs on the digital aerial setting, but no channels could be watched.

It then said no aerial detected and it wouldn’t retune again.

So I must have an issue with my aerial.

The aerial comes into the house on the first floor and plugs into a booster box and splitter. This then goes up to feed the bedroom and down to feed the tv which isn’t tuning.

The bedroom tv is working ok.

Does this mean I have an issue on my cable from the splitter box down to the tv outlet socket?

Sponsored Links
There is no reason why you can't keep returning. Aerial or no aerial.
Turn TV off and start again following the instructions

Might be the booster.
That only boosts signal and can overdo it. Your new TV might not like it..
You might need advise or look at testing your signal strength.

Sponsored Links
There is usually a signal strength and, more importantly, a signal quality meter in the tuning pages of tv's. Though very rudimentary compared to an installers meter.

So I must have an issue with my aerial.
Does the TV in the bedroom receive digital TV from the aerial ?

One possibility is that the booster box was powered by power over coax from the previous TV but thenew TV does not provide power over coax.

take the tv with the flylead to the known working aerial socket tune it in there this will help rule out the tv and lead

Does the TV in the bedroom receive digital TV from the aerial ?

One possibility is that the booster box was powered by power over coax from the previous TV but thenew TV does not provide power over coax.
Yes this tv is on the same main aerial feed as the tv with tuning issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back