TV mounting advice for flat TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have just bought a house and it had a recent extension in 2022 (so will be modern construction methods).

My problem is this, I have a 77" LG G2 ready to go on the wall but I have sockets already in place, on this model the bracket ount is at the top and the bracket is very flush fitting (see second picture - this then gets pushed in so the TV is very flush to wall)

LG G2 image.jpg

lg bracket.png

This is the wall it's going on (note the image is marred, as I used google AI to remove some objects in front of the wall, so it was clearer to see).

It seems to be plasterboard, then some kind of grey material (thermalite I presume), then I am guessing a brick, a cavity and then an outside brick. The thickness from plasterboard to the wall I see outside is about 30cm, the height to the lower part of ceiling is about 262cm and about 320cm to the very top of ceiling.

It already has some sockets on the wall and these are either too high, or I will need to mount the bracket, literally just above these sockets. What height would you suggest mounting a TV? I think I have read 43-44 inches from floor to middle of the TV is the norm, is this correct? (Question 1)

However I think in either case, I will need to remove those sockets as they can't be used with such a flush fitting TV, and presumably I will need to cut a hole at the bottom of the plasterboard and a one further up and feed power and HDMI through the gaps? (Question 2)

Then in terms of the mounting, will I have to secure to the plasterboard, or because there is brick behind, could I just drill through and use longer bolts/screws to secure a rawplug into that? (Question 3)

Question 4 - Any other general thoughts?

TV wall.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back