TV tuning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - I have a small portable TV which I have moved from one bedroom to another. I have wall mounted aerial points in all rooms.
It worked well in its previous room. I have a digital aerial on the roof and an amplifier in the loft serving all the wall mounted points.
I cannot tune the TV at all in its new position. Have tried a few aerial leads from wall to TV. Have taken wall mounted plate off and it has one wire going to it which looks to be OK. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :confused:

Sponsored Links
If the TV was in tune in the previouws room then it will not need to be retuned.

If your amp is the type you plug the other end of the cable from the socket into, not hard wired, then try another output.

Most likely reason is the lead to that aerial socket is damaged or not connected to the amplifier in the loft.

Have taken wall mounted plate off and it has one wire going to it which looks to be OK

Should be one wire to the centre socket AND the mesh screen to the outer ring of the socket. A stray strand from the screen may be caught up with the centre pin and shorting the signal out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back