Tyre sizes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the alternative inner tube size for a tyre size of a 9.5 x 3-5 please?

My wife has a mobility scooter and this is the size of the front tyres, one of which has a split in the inner tube, so unable to repair it. I can't find this size on any of the sites and conversion tables don't seem to specify this one either. Most sites only go down to size 10

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know the alternative inner tube size for a tyre size of a 9.5 x 3-5 please?

My wife has a mobility scooter and this is the size of the front tyres, one of which has a split in the inner tube, so unable to repair it. I can't find this size on any of the sites and conversion tables don't seem to specify this one either. Most sites only go down to size 10

A slightly larger tube will work fine.

Thanks Harry. The problem with the 'slightly' larger tube was it seemed too large, because when I tucked it it and inflated it slightly, it was almost doubled over and I couldn't get it to straighten out. The wheels are the type that split into 2 halves and I couldn't push the excess back far enough to prevent it being clamped in the joint when assembling it.
My wife spoke to the mobility people yesterday and one of their mechanics recommended inflating the old tyre as much as possible then using a canister of foam repair. It fills the tube with a dense foam to prevent it running flat and is guaranteed to last the life of the tyre, i.e. until the tyre has no tread left. As there is still a load of tread still there I think I will try a repair in the hope it creates a 'slow' leak, thereby giving me enough time to inject the foam.

Sponsored Links
Back