UFH do I need direct connection to the boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've laid about 30sqm of normal 16mm underfloor heating pipe under a new concrete floor. One reel of 100m and another of about 70m. I have a new 30kW combi boiler.

I read you should have a direct connection to the boiler for the UFH manifold. I have 22mm flow and return pipes quite close to manifold, but that is after two Tee junctions of the 22mm main pipes (not fed any radiators though).

Can I get away with connecting it into the 22mm that is nearby, or do I have to take the floor up and get a branch to UFH before it has gone to any other rads or Tee junctions?

Or I guess it would definitely work at least a bit after branches, but how much better would it be if I made new 22mm flow and return pipes right from the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't be an issue - if the manifold you are using has a blending valve and a pump then there shouldn't really be a problem, you may have to do a bit of balancing to get the system heating up uniformly though and set the pump correctly.

Would you want the heating zoned? The UFH will need to come on well before radiators in the winter...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back