Unequal Rafter Height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have stripped out a part of my roof that had beed previously fitted with Klober dry valleys, before that they were lead.

These were fitted by a professional roofer about six years ago but have leaked ever since.

I have found that the dry valleys (Klober with centre upstand) were just chucked onto the valley boards (about 25mm thick and nailed ontop of the rafters).

Even worse, when I measure along the valley (at right angles etc), I find that one roof is about 40mm higher than the other side. My plan was to simply remove the valley boards from above the rafters and refit so that they are at rafter height (cutting to length and battens etc).

This I did one side and the dry valley fits that side perfectly, but if I lower the other side I will still have a 40mm height difference which I don't think the dry valley will be able to bridge.

What are my options to resolve this?

If I went back to lead, what would be the minimum depth and width of the channel need to be?

Regards
FarmerJo

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Managed to resolve the issue after a bit of thinking and a previous answer on the site regarding a similar height difference.

The solution was to move the centre of the gully to the left by about 75mm. This was the actual line where the two roof heights intersected and now the havig lowered the valley boards to rafter height and the move, the Klober dry valleys fit perfectly.

Regards
FarmerJo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back